From Joshua Preston <joshua.pres...@tfcci.com>
Subject Re: GET PROBLEMS! ALTERNATIVE
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 19:34:39 GMT
Bashiro,

Check Roland's link, but also, be aware that if you're not using HTTPS,
you'll need to change the 443 in the "new AuthScope" to 80.  Also, make
sure the realm is proper, which by looking at it appears to be "No-IP
DNS Update API".

Thanks!

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 13:51 -0500, Bashiro wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> Ifound out that when I put the whole update string into my browser;
>  https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update?hostname=bashiro.no-ip.org&myip=1.2.3.4
> The password popup comes and when I put my user and pass it works.
>
> Now is there a way to put the string into httpclient and bypass the get method ?
>
> example:
>
> client.getState().setCredentials(
>                new AuthScope("update String above", 443, "DDNS"),
>
> and how can I set the Get ? Because right after the password the responds code appears.
Now how do i let httpclient read the response bypassing the GET ?

> Thanks
> bashiro
>

> Bashiro
> Drammen-Norway

to add no-ip's CA or certificate to your trusted  keystore.  Google can provide 100s of examples
of adding/replacing to  a trusted keystore.Sent from my iPhoneOn Feb 5, 2008, at 4:27 PM,
Bashiro <bashiro@myway.com> wrote:>> Thanks joshua,> I have tried that and
I get this error;>> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:  > sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
No trusted certificate  > found>    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)>
   at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)>    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)>
   at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)>    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)>
   at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_ax.a(DashoA6275)>    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)>
   at
   at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA6275)>    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer
> (BufferedOutputStream.java:66)>    at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:
> 124)>    at  > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream
> (HttpConnection.java:825)>    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest
> (HttpMethodBase.java:1967)>    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute
> (HttpMethodBase.java:993)>    at  > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry
> (HttpMethodDirector.java:393)>    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
> (HttpMethodDirector.java:168)>    at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod
> (HttpClient.java:393)>    at
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod > (HttpClient.java:324)>
   at NoIpTest.main(NoIpTest.java:51)> Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException:
No trusted  > certificate found>    at sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.buildTrustedChain
> (SimpleValidator.java:304)>    at sun.security.validator.SimpleValidator.engineValidate
> (SimpleValidator.java:107)>    at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:202)>
   at  > com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted > (DashoA6275)>
   at  > com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.JsseX509TrustManager.checkServerTrusted > (DashoA6275)>
   ... 17 more>>> do you think there might be something wrong with the site ? Or
am I  > missing to add suns cert?> you could just try that code on your side for me,
using anything as  > username and pass to see if> you get the same error ? If you do
not have an acount you will get  > "badauth" as return.>> Thanks> bashiro>>>
Bashiro>
> Drammen-Norway>> --- On Tue 02/05, Joshua Preston < joshua.preston@tfcci.com
> wrote:> From: Joshua Preston [mailto: joshua.preston@tfcci.com]> To: bashiro@myway.com>
    Cc: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org> Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:55:52 -0500> Subject:
Re: GET PROBLEMS!>> Bashiro,According to their spec, you should probably be using  >
something similarto (keep in mind that I don't have an account with  > no-ip):        import
java.net.URLEncoder;                import  > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
       import  > org.apache.commons.httpclient.UsernamePasswordCredentials;         >
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.AuthScope;        import  > org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod;
               / > **         * NoIpTest         *          * javac  > NoIpTest.java
        * java NoIpTest myhostname 1.2.3.4          > *          * or take modify the source
accordingly....          > */        public class NoIpTest {            static final

> String enc  > = "UTF-8";            static final String username =  > "myusername";
           static final String password =  > "mypassword";            static final String
BASE_URI = "https://dynupdate.no-ip.com/nic/update > ";            static String hostname
=  > "mytest.testdomain.com";            static String IP = "1.2.3.4";>>>
         public static void main(String[] args)  > {                // if arg 1 is hostname
and arg 2 is  > ip                if ( args.length == 2 )  > {                    hostname
= args[0];                    IP = args > [1];                }
HttpClient client = new  > HttpClient();                        GetMethod get = new GetMethod
> (getRequestURI());                        client.getState > ().setCredentials(
                    new AuthScope > ("dynupdate.no-ip.com", 443, "realm"),
           new  > UsernamePasswordCredentials(username,  > password));

> get.setDoAuthentication > (true);                        try {
// execute  > method and possibly handle any error responses                     > int
status = client.executeMethod(get);                     > System.out.println("HTTP Status:
" +  > status);                            // Get and print the  > result
         String result = get.getResponseBodyAsString > ();                    System.out.println(result);
               }  > catch (Exception e) {                    // Catch any exceptions and
 > print the stack trace>> e.printStackTrace();                } finally  > {
                   // Release the connection                     > get.releaseConnection
> ();                }            }                    private static  > String getRequestURI()
{                return BASE_URI + "?" +  > "hostname=" + URLEncoder.encode(hostname,
> enc)                        + "&myip=" + URLEncoder.encode(IP,  > enc);
     }        }On

> Tue, 2008-02-05 at 15:25 -0500,  > Bashiro wrote:> > > Thanks for the reply.>
I have already tried yur  > suggestion before sending the> mail to this forum (but did
not  > work).> Here is the link to the site's specification I am trying to  > >
connect to:> http://www.no-ip.com/integrate/request> > check it  > your self and
see what might be wrong there....> Bashiro> Drammen- > Norway> >  --- On Tue
02/05, Joshua Preston <  > joshua.preston@tfcci.com > wrote:> From: Joshua Preston
[mailto: joshua.preston@tfcci.com > ]> To: bashiro@myway.com>      Cc: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
 > Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:36:13 -0500> Subject: Re: GET PROBLEMS!> >> Bashiro,Please
see: http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/methods/get.htmlBasically > , you aren't using
a valid URI, seehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ > Uniform_Resource_Identifier, as you'remissing
the protocol and  > hostname...>From the Javadocs,GetMethod(String uri)            >
Constructor specifying a URI.Format it
> like,GetMethod get =  > newGetMethod("http://myhost.mydomain.local/nic/update?hostname=mytest.testdomain.com&myip=1.2.3.4
> ");Thanks!On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 14:28 -0500, Bashiro wrote:> Hello  > folks,>
> I first connect to a site and then make a GET request.> >  > after authentication
the site has a GET request code as;> > /nic/ > update?hostname=mytest.testdomain.com&myip=1.2.3.4
HTTP/1.0> > when  > I put> GetMethod get = new GetMethod("/nic/update? > hostname=mytest.testdomain.com&myip=1.2.3.4");>
> I get the  > following erros;> host parameter is null;> > > where am I
going  > wrong ? or why is httpclient not able to handle this ?> > Thanks for  >
No banners. No pop- > ups. No kidding.> Make My Way  your home on the Web - http://www.myway.com