From AbelMacAdam <abel.maca...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Check if user is logged in?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:35:33 GMT

Hi Roland and others,

Thanks for the feedback. Would this help?
[code]
		HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
		// Sends uname/pword in clear text over Internet. Only use in debug mode
		Credentials defaultCredentials = new UsernamePasswordCredentials (uname,
pword.toString());
		client.getState().setCredentials(AuthScope.ANY, defaultCredentials);
		client.getState().setCredentials(new AuthScope(HOST, PORT,
AuthScope.ANY_REALM), defaultCredentials);
// ======= New code ========================
		// TODO Check that a connection is made
		HttpMethod method = new GetMethod(HOST);
		if (method.getStatusCode() == 200)
                     // We have a connection
// ======= New code ========================
[/code]

I tried the addition of the last two lines. But it threw a
NullPointerException in
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.getStatusCode
(HttpMethodBase.java:570)

Might it be that at the moment I request the status code
(method.getStatusCode() ) the statusLine is not instantiated (yes, as this
is the definition of a NullPointerException)?

TIA,
Abel