From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AbstractVerifier in 4.x (was Invalid SSL Certs)
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:41:07 GMT

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 12:37 -0800, David Byrne wrote:
> Julius,
>
> Thanks for replying. I saw AllowAllHostnameVerifier, but decided to write my own so I
could report on the errors. However, this only solves part of my problem. Even if the verifier
passes the cert along, the TrustManager used by SSLSocket will still throw an exception. I'm
writing a null logic TrustManager for that.

The host verification process can take place only after an SSL session
has been successfully established. So, the trust manager needs to verify
the certificate chain first.

Oleg