From "Sagi Mann" <sagim...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [GlassFish] Using HttpClient from within an App server
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:36:17 GMT
Roland,
I'd be happy to post it on JIRA. Where do I find info on working with
JIRA? Also, under which version should I open the issue? When I browse
to:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT
I see:
4.0 alpha 3, 4.0 beta 1, 4.0 final and 5.0
I don't see any 3.x...

thanks.

Sagi Mann

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ossfwot@dubioso.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 03:20 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: [GlassFish] Using HttpClient from within an App server

Sagi Mann wrote:
> Hi,
> I've created a resource adapter (JCA 1.5) that is based on HttpClient
> 3.1. I call it from EJB's who need to access http servers. It's not
> very fancy, but it may be a good start. Anyone interested? If so,
> where do I post it?

If you just want to give it out, I would suggest a
personal homepage. The ASF is rather strict in its
licensing requirements.
If you want to contribute it under the terms of the
Apache License 2.0, you can open a JIRA issue (type:
new feature) and attach it there. We will then have
a look at the code and maybe move it to our contrib
section. For the latter, it would be helpful if the
package names match our structure, that is something
like org.apache.commons.httpclient.contrib.xxx
But you should expect several iterations of review
and fixing before code goes to the contrib section.
We might just leave it as an attachment to the JIRA
issue and point people there when they ask.

cheers,
  Roland