From "Scott Shen" <ice...@gmail.com>
Subject The character set about the PostMethod class
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:16:33 GMT
Dear friends:

    I am a developer in Chinese and a user of HttpClient component of Apache
Software Foundation. I am very happy to use this component which takes much
convenience for my

work, hence, I extend my thankfulness to all developers of this component.
But, I also encounter some trouble. The PostMehod posts the data to a URL
which cannot set the character

set automatically according to the Locale of the computer system(s). For
instance, In China, the character set may be the GBK, GB2312 or UTF8, but
the PostMethod cannot

automatically config the encoding style. So, I suggest that you may set
the character set in the HttpMethodBase class' method getRequestCharSet()
from the getContentCharSet

method, and if,  the http headers not specify a Contnet-Type header, you may
get the character set from the Locale of the computer system. So that the
problem of encoding can be

avoided.  The  (DEFAULT_CHARSET = "ISO-8859-1") may not suit for any
computer system.

   Extend my best wishes to you.

Scott S.