From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: redirect website problem (urgent)
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:48:50 GMT
Hello Jacky,

I've never heard of urgent redirects. HTTP handles
all redirects the same, there are no priorities.
See also this interesting document:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#urgent

Your sample code is sending a POST request without a
message body. That is invalid HTTP. The server responds
with status code 301 indicating a redirect. That is
invalid behavior of the server, it should have rejected
the request with status code 400.

If you don't want to send a message entity, then
don't use a POST request. If you have to use a
POST request, then don't put the parameters into
the query URL. Put them into the message body.

By the way, I would never trust a server that expects
a plain text password in a URL. It is bad style at
the very least. Many HTTP servers log the requested
URI, so they would have the password in the logfile.

cheers,
  Roland