From Florent Blondeau <fblond...@pingwy.com>
Subject HttpClient time measurement
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 11:53:03 GMT
Hi there,

I've got a *real* need on Time Measurements in HttpClient, like Dns,
connect, pre transfer, start transfer and download times.
I've seen there was an improvement request (HTTPCLIENT-68) scheduled for
4.0 beta1 .

I've managed to add my own time collection tool, but it's really an ugly
hack (changing socket factory, and collecting times when calling
to socket methods) and I'm not sure it will works well in multithreaded
connections...

So, is there a known workaround to cope with that thing ? I was thinking
about creating a socketListener with a dynamic proxy to intercept
socket method call to collect time before and after execution, but
intercepting all socket method calls will lead my app to a performance
loose, no ?

I would like to share with you on this subject...

If I can't avoid my ugly hack,  how much time will I have to wait before
seeing the httpclient 4.0 beta1 (or better the 4.0 final) running ?

Thanks for reading me

florent

--
Pingwy