From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Performance Issues with Transfer-Encoding chunked
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:35:40 GMT
vzs64 wrote:
> Ran the test with HttpClient 4.0. Download time is still high 76.3 sec

Then it is probably time to change the subject of your
postings and start searching for the real problem. You
still have not told us what exceptions the server returns,
and I haven't seen a trace of the communications from
browser or HttpClient either.

> With HttpClient 3.1
> - Disabling Chunking (by setting HTTP1.0)
>       - Download time - 77 secs
>       - Headers returned by server
>                       Date:   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:40:48 GMT
>                       Date:   Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:25:41 GMT
>                       Transfer-Encoding:   chunked

So HttpClient 3.1 was already faster with chunking than without,
and you were still assuming a performance issue with chunking?

If you want us to help, you will have to provide some data we can
work with, not your interpretations of what you are seeing:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#symptoms
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#bespecific
or the section about tachyon modulation here:

cheers,
  Roland