From Brad <b...@javawork.co.uk>
Subject too many open sockets
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:51:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm using http-commons to make some calls to a http server. There are
situations where I may have to make a large volumen of calls in a
short period of time.

My problem is that http-commons seems to be eating connections,
resulting in eventually getting this error

          java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect

 Here's my simple test code:

	public void testHttpGet() {

		HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
		GetMethod get = new GetMethod();

		try {

			for (int i = 0; i < 10000; i++) {

				get.setPath("http://localhost:8081/");
				int code = client.executeMethod(get);
				byte[] responseBody =  get.getResponseBody();
				get.recycle();
				System.out.println(i + ", response: " + code);
			}

		} catch (Exception e) {
			e.printStackTrace();
		} finally {
			get.releaseConnection();

		}
	}

I checked the tutorial and I've made sure to read the response body. I
call recycle() in the loop and yet it still uses a new connection
every time.

All help very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Brad.