From "Pete Keyes" <PKe...@starbucks.com>
Subject IP address resolution
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 19:02:05 GMT
Is anyone aware of how http-client will react in the following scenario:
  - DNS lookup evaluates to 2 physical IP addresses for:
      "HttpCient.getHostConfiguration().setHost(host, port)";

We have a trading partner that is implementing a fault tolerant B2B
service, so the DNS lookup will return 2 IP addresses.  The desire they
have is to use the physical IP address of the first available service -
doesn't matter which one.

I don't know how http-client will handle this.  I know the IP addresses
are cached by the JVM and both IP addresses are accessible in the
InetAddress.getAllByName("host.domain.com").

Does anyone know how http-client will react to this scenario?

...Pete
Starbucks Coffee Co.