From Alexander Philippi <alex_phili...@yahoo.de>
Subject ValidatorException
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:50:42 GMT
Hi,
I am trying to send via httpclient.executeMethod(post)data to a HTTPS Serveraddress.
This Server has only a self-signed / test certicifate (if I use a browser I have to accept
the unverified certificate / get a cert. warning).

But if I am trying to send data to this location I got this exception:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target

I google a bit and found out, thats a normal exception if I try to send data to a https server.
Could I "tell" the httpclient to send the data anyway and ignore this exception? Or has the
admin of the server to buy a certificate (or does this work with OpenSSL?)

I hope you can help me with some hints.
Best Regards

      Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails wagen? www.yahoo.de/mail