From "Agustin Palacios" <apalac...@itconvergence.com>
Subject RE: Problem with QueryString
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:41:45 GMT
Thanks Roland for you quick response.

I'm already tried setQueryString, and didn't work

post.setQueryString("username=e%2poe&password=password");

And

post.setQueryString("username=e.poe&password= password ");

The point is why if I write the url in a browser works fine, but when I use httpclient doesn't.

Agustín

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ossfwot@dubioso.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 3:18 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Problem with QueryString

Hi,

 the . in the parameter may be encoded as %2e by the
setQueryString method. That is identical as far as the
specification is concerned, but maybe your server
doesn't care about it. Try using the setQueryString(String)
method instead, performing an encoding that leaves the
. character unchanged.

hope that helps,
  Roland