From Tobias Meier <Tobias.Me...@nepatec.de>
Subject Re: [POLL] Minimal JRE for HttpClient 4.0
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:30:36 GMT
Currently we are still using 1.4 due to certain circumstances but i hope
in one year
we'll have migrated to 1.5

so my vote: +1

ToM

Am Mi 21.11.2007 11:40 schrieb Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>:

> Dear HttpClient users,
>
> HttpClient 4.0 code line currently requires Java 1.4. We are
> considering
> migrating HttpClient to Java 1.5, so we could take advantage of new
> language features and platform libraries (such generics, enums, and
> java.util.concurrent classes)
>
> Please let us know what you think by casting a vote as follows:
> [ ] +1 I am in favor of using Java 1.5 and taking advantage
> of its new features
> [ ] -1 I am NOT in favor of using Java 1.5. Java 1.4 compatibility
> is more important
>
> When voting please take into consideration the following factors
> (1) core HTTP components (released as a separate package) will remain
> Java 1.3 compatible
> (2) it will probably take a year to complete the development of
> HttpClient 4.0. By that time Java 1.5 is likely to be more pervasive
> than today
>
> Everyone is encouraged to express his/her opinion on the matter
>
> Oleg, on behalf of the HttpComponents team

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

Viele Grüße,
Tobias Meier
MSc, Dipl.-Inf. Tobias Meier
Softwareentwickler
nepatec GmbH & Co. KG
Hindenburgstr. 37 . 30175 Hannover
Fon +49(0)511 935 946.51, Fax +49(0)511 935 946.57
Mailto: tobias.meier@nepatec.de
http://www.nepatec.de