From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: domain argument in AuthScope constructor ineffective for NTLM
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:53:30 GMT
Hello,

> I have repeated this code a few times to set different credentials for
> different domains. In NTLM type 2 response from the server, the server
> sends the NTLM domain it expects for authentication.

I assume that "type 2 response" has nothing to do with NTLMv2, which
is unsupported:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/FrequentlyAskedNTLMQuestions

> However, I find that the httpclient pays no heed to the domain name
> specified in NTLM type 2 response. It simply goes ahead with
> authentication with an arbitrary credentials. Is this an expected
> behavior?

Probably not. Unfortunately, nobody here (that I am aware of) is familiar
with the NTLM code in HttpClient. We all just hope that it works without
problems until we can replace it by jCIFS or whatever.

Please open a bug report in JIRA.[1] If you can provide a testcase
similar to those in [2] that exposes the problem, I will have a look
at it within the next two months. Otherwise, it will have to wait
until we get around to addressing NTLM authentication in 4.0, which
may take a year.

cheers,
  Roland

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/