From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Problem with MultiPartPostMethod when long string added in parameter
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:07:57 GMT
nitya vyas wrote:

> The problem i am facing is that i have a String parameter which will store
> number of files being uploaded in comma separated string.. 1,2,3,... etc

Why would you do that? If it's just all numbers from 1 to n,
then send n instead and let the server interpret that.
In general, you cannot assume that a server will be able to
process parameters with arbitrary length, or that all browsers
will be able to generate them. Limits are implementation specific.

> The value which i get for the long string parameter 1,2,3,4,5.. upto 300 is
> not got properly and there are garbage values in that...

Can you be more specific about the garbage values?
Something like line breaks?

> wat can be done to get the value of the long string correctly by
> parseRequest on server??

I suggest you use the wire log on the client side to get the
exact value that is sent for the parameter. Compare something
that works (...200) with one that fails (...300). Then we can
check whether what we send is comopliant with the spec.

As mentioned above, the best way to fix this problem is to
avoid excessively long parameter values.

hope this helps,
  Roland