hc-httpclient-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Richard G. Reyes" <rich...@voxsant.com>
Subject Re: Help With Form Submission
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:08:47 GMT
Hi All, Seb,

Yeah I noticed the difference in content-length even after I have 
included the other headers. I hope someone can confirm if this is the 
problem or how to fix it.

Tia!
Richard

sebb wrote:
> On 13/11/2007, Richard G. Reyes <richard@voxsant.com> wrote:
>   
>> I changed the misspelled subject :)
>>
>> Richard G. Reyes wrote:
>>     
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am trying to automate a configuration of a device via httpclient. The
>>> device have a web interface and I can configure it via browser without a
>>> problem. But when I try to configure it via httpclient my application
>>> just hangs here...
>>>
>>>       
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:24:984 CST [DEBUG] HttpConnection - Open connection
>>>> to 192.168.15.18:80
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:000 CST [DEBUG] header - >> "POST /dologin.htm
>>>> HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:000 CST [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - Adding Host
>>>> request header
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:000 CST [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - Default charset
>>>> used: ISO-8859-1
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] HttpMethodBase - Default charset
>>>> used: ISO-8859-1
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] header - >> "User-Agent: Jakarta
>>>> Commons-HttpClient/3.1[\r][\n]"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] header - >> "Host:
>>>> 192.168.15.18[\r][\n]"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] header - >> "Content-Length:
>>>> 31[\r][\n]"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] header - >> "Content-Type:
>>>> application/x-www-form-urlencoded[\r][\n]"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] header - >> "[\r][\n]"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] content - >>
>>>> "P2=admin&gnkey=0b82&Login=Login"
>>>> 2007/11/13 15:52:25:015 CST [DEBUG] EntityEnclosingMethod - Request
>>>> body sent
>>>>         
>>> This above is the last line and stops there. I have captured the the
>>> post and heres what I got. Theres a huge difference between the post the
>>>  browser sent from the one sent by the httpclient. But I am not certain
>>> that the problem lies in here.
>>>
>>> Heres the browser post packet...
>>>       
>>>> POST /dologin.htm HTTP/1.1
>>>> Host: 192.168.15.18
>>>> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US;
>>>> rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9
>>>> Accept:
>>>> text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
>>>>
>>>> Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
>>>> Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
>>>> Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
>>>> Keep-Alive: 300
>>>> Connection: keep-alive
>>>> Referer: http://192.168.15.18/index.htm
>>>> Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
>>>> Content-Length: 29
>>>>         
>
> Does not agree with other post.
>
>   
>>> Heres the application post packet...
>>>       
>>>> POST /dologin.htm HTTP/1.1
>>>> User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1
>>>> Host: 192.168.15.18
>>>> Content-Length: 31
>>>>         
>
> Does not agree.
>
> I've no idea whether this is the problem or not, but it seems the most
> likely to me ...
>
>   


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: httpclient-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message