From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: How to authenticate and then send a HTTP Post to one server?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:38:49 GMT
Alexander Philippi wrote:
> Hi,
> I am sending XML Streams via HTTP POST to another server. But since this
> week I have to authenticate to this server (I don't really know what kind
> of authentication but I think its BASIC).
> I could not "pack" the authentication Information (user and pass) to the
> HTTP POST because the server reads the whole payload

Credentials for BASIC authentication are passed as headers,
not in the payload. They have to be sent with every request.
We have an authentication guide:
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/authentication.html
And there is information about authentication in the
Application Design FAQ, too:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/FrequentlyAskedApplicationDesignQuestions#head-3a19c5b1f6f198138c930d6cdda1c6611ca00e62

hope that helps,
  Roland