From ossf...@dubioso.net
Subject RE: MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager bug?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:46:27 GMT
Hello Nat,

> Do you know whether MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager has a bug?

It probably has some we didn't discover yet. But
the reason for your problem is more likely that
your application does not properly clean up. MTHCM
is in use by many people in varying configurations.

> It looks  like after I received a couple of
> connection reset from the server. It somehow
> did not clean up things properly and I end up
> with stuck threads.

Cleanup is the responsibility of your application,
not of the connection manager.

> Exception
> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Does your application release the connection in
this case? The call to HttpMethod.releaseConnection
must be in a finally{} clause of your application.

hope that helps,
  Roland