From "Mubey N." <mub...@gmail.com>
Subject domain argument in AuthScope constructor ineffective for NTLM
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2007 18:43:12 GMT
I am doing NTLM authentication. There are multiple domains on the same
URL. So, I am setting different credentials for different auth-scopes
using a code as shown below.

    AuthScope scope = new AuthScope(url.getHost(), port, domain);
    NTCredentials credentials = new NTCredentials(user, pass,
        clientHost, domain);
    httpclient.getState().setCredentials(scope, credentials);

I have repeated this code a few times to set different credentials for
different domains. In NTLM type 2 response from the server, the server
sends the NTLM domain it expects for authentication.

However, I find that the httpclient pays no heed to the domain name
specified in NTLM type 2 response. It simply goes ahead with
authentication with an arbitrary credentials. Is this an expected
behavior?

Does setting domain as the third argument of AuthScope(.., .., domain)
constructor has no effect?