From Joan Balagueró <joan.balagu...@grupoventus.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] Minimal JRE for HttpClient 4.0
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:48:52 GMT
Hello,

I am in favor of using Java 1.5. 1.5 is a very big step forward compared
with 1.4. I'm sure that HttpClient 4.0 will be much better using the new
concurrent capabilities of 1.5.

Regards,

Joan.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:olegk@apache.org]
Enviado el: miércoles, 21 de noviembre de 2007 11:40
Para: HttpClient User Discussion
Asunto: [POLL] Minimal JRE for HttpClient 4.0

Dear HttpClient users,

HttpClient 4.0 code line currently requires Java 1.4. We are considering
migrating HttpClient to Java 1.5, so we could take advantage of new
language features and platform libraries (such generics, enums, and
java.util.concurrent classes)

Please let us know what you think by casting a vote as follows:
[x] +1 I am in favor of using Java 1.5 and taking advantage
       of its new features
[ ] -1 I am NOT in favor of using Java 1.5. Java 1.4 compatibility
       is more important

When voting please take into consideration the following factors
(1) core HTTP components (released as a separate package) will remain
Java 1.3 compatible
(2) it will probably take a year to complete the development of
HttpClient 4.0. By that time Java 1.5 is likely to be more pervasive
than today

Everyone is encouraged to express his/her opinion on the matter

Oleg, on behalf of the HttpComponents team