From terry_513 <trupt...@hotmail.com>
Subject Help needed to figure out Headers & Post parameter
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:10:05 GMT

Hello,

    I am new on this site, in need of help. Hope you experts will help a
beginner.

    I am developing an application where, I have to login to web site, etc
programmatically. I can access the web page, retreive the page. So, GET part
is working fine. I have problem with Post. I am using JDK
1.6 with apache's HttpClient 3.1 for communicating through the web site.
After setting parameters in NameValuePair[], when i run
execuseMethod(postMethod), it throws the following exception :

i]Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
host parameter is null

   I think, I may be going wrong in providing proper headers, parameters,
etc. Can anyone help me know:

1. How to implement log in my application. I think that will help me know
the headers & all erros & exceptions.I tried a lot, but couldn't implement
the Logging, if any one can guide me for that , would be great.
2. How can I know what parameters, I need to pass in the POST method. Along
with form attributes, their may be any hidden values to be passed. How can I
find out that.
3. Their is a submit button, how do i deal with that - tell the post method
to click it ?
3. Same with headers. Which attributes needs to be set of headers and what
values?

Any help is appreciative. Please it would be nice if you can help me out. I
am new in this type of development.

Thanks

Terry