From James Brook <JBr...@chellomedia.com>
Subject failover to another server instead of simple retry
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:31:18 GMT

I have an application that is very dependent on HTTPClient for back-end
communication with another system, which is a farm of Web servers. The
infrastructure team have not supplied a load balancing/fail-over solution on
our internal network, so I am wondering about the feasibility of
implementing fail-over in the software.

Does HTTPClient have any out-of-the-box support for this? I have seen the
'HttpMethodRetryHandler' class. Is that a good place to attempt to implement
fail-over, or should I do it at a higher level?

I think I saw a post discussing something like this on the dev list, but I
am not sure whether it has been implemented yet. I would very much
appreciate any suggestions or code snippets.

--
James