From divakarasrinivas <divakarasrini...@gmail.com>
Subject Http Post method dosn't work
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 10:24:08 GMT

Hi..

In the  Mcdonald's webpage  http://go.mappoint.net/mcdonaldsx/PrxInput.aspx,
I gave 91362 as zip code in the textbox,and got the Restaurant locations.
I would like do the same thing using java application.Iam using http post
method,but it is not posting the data.

The code Is like this:

import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpStatus;
import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;
import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;

public class PostMethodExample
{

  public static void main(String args[])
  {

    HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
    client.getParams().setParameter("http.useragent", "Test Client");

    BufferedReader br = null;

    PostMethod method = new
PostMethod("http://go.mappoint.net/mcdonaldsx/PrxInput.aspx");
    method.addParameter("controlAddressBasic:textfield", "91362");

    try
    {
      int returnCode = client.executeMethod(method);

      if(returnCode == HttpStatus.SC_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)
      {
               System.err.println("The Post method is not implemented by
this URI");
               method.getResponseBodyAsString();
      }
      else
      {
        br = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(method.getResponseBodyAsStream()));
        String readLine;
        while(((readLine = br.readLine()) != null))
        {
          System.err.println(readLine);
        }
      }
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
      System.err.println(e);
    }
    finally
    {
      method.releaseConnection();
      if(br != null)
    	  try { br.close(); }
      	  catch (Exception fe) {}
    }

  }
}

Iam getting the same page as output.It Means it is not posting the data.

But I need to get the restaurant addresses with that Zip code.

Anybody please solve this problem..

Regards,
DivakaraSrinivas