From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: https and aspx
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:17:24 GMT

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 12:51 -0800, ggcampbell wrote:
> I have been trying to login into a variety of ASPX sites.
> I am able to establish the https connections because I can retrieve the
> login page from https.
> But the form submission does not seem to work.  The sites do not respond
> with the page after
> login.
> I can log into the site with firefox or IE.

Same here. Capture HTTP requests generated by the browser using a
traffic analyzer or a proxy, customize HttpClient to generate identical
(compatible) requests.

> Strangely, if I retreive the cookies for firefox or IE and the send them to
> the web address
> I get back the page as if httpclient had logged in.
>
> I wonder if the form encoding is sending the proper format.
>
> On a separate issue I found that the cookies needed to be encode like:
>     Cookie: a=b; c=d; e=f
> but
>     Cookie: a=b
>     Cookie: c=d
> Failed
>
> Any ideas?

Use 'http.protocol.single-cookie-header' parameter to force all cookies
into one request header.

http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/httpclient-3.x/cookies.html

Hope this helps

Oleg