From "Kevin Tsoi" <kt...@mythum.com>
Subject RE: Default SSL context init failed: null
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 16:44:14 GMT
Thanks Julius.  I've read that thread before, but I did not think it was
applicable to my problem.  The reason being that I have 2 webapps that
uses the apache http client over ssl, and it seem to be an issue with
only 1 app.  If I deploy app A first, and then app B, then both app
works fine.  However, if I deploy B first then A, then both fails.  So
it seems to be an app issue, not an issue with the java process (tomcat
in my case).  Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julius Davies [mailto:juliusdavies@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 12:05 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: Re: Default SSL context init failed: null

Have you looked at this thread?  (Google for "Default SSL context init
failed: null").

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=647270&messageID=3810778

Use this command-line argument on your java process to find out more:

-Djavax.net.debug=all

>From the thread I linked to, looks like that error will occur if these
are set as arguments to the java process, and happen to point to
non-existant (or unreadable) files:

-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=TRUSTSTORE
-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=KEYSTORE

But I'm just regurgitating what I read over on the forum.java.sun.com
thread.  I don't really know.

Good luck!

yours,

Julius

On 10/19/07, Kevin Tsoi <ktsoi@mythum.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am running into the following exception when using the http client
> over ssl.  What seems to be the problem?  Thanks.
>

> Default SSL context init failed: null
>
>         at

javax.net.ssl.DefaultSSLSocketFactory.createSocket(SSLSocketFactory.java
> :176)
>
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSo
> cket(Unknown Source)
>
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.SSLProtocolSocketFactory.createSo
> cket(Unknown Source)
>
>         at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(Unknown
> Source)
>
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpCon
> nectionAdapter.open(Unknown Source)
>
>         at

org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(Unknow

--
yours,

Julius Davies
250-592-2284