From "nitya vyas" <nitya.v...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set proxy information in httpClient object from browser
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:01:27 GMT
thanks Roland..

this looks like the solution as i also saw that It was checking proxy ==
NO_PROXY somewhere and it didnt get it in my implementation so it threw
IOException.

I still have a question regarding the implementation of the socketfactory.
if i use new Socket( Proxy.NO_PROXY) then i m getting
java.net.SocketException: Socket is not connected exception.. can u pls tell
me what is the reason? i guess the host and port that we get must be set in
the Socket class just like it happens right now by new Socket(host,port)
from HTTPConnection class.. but doesnt happen when i do new socket(
Proxy.NO_PROXY)...

i called my implementation createSocket() method from the HTTPConnection
class..this class is called when i do httpClient.execute(method)...

please help..

thanks