From "Sam Berlin" <sber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient use SSL/HTTPS without certificates
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2007 19:56:42 GMT
You want to use an anonymous cipher.  If you can use TLS, the correct
cipher suite is: "TLS_DH_anon_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA" .  I'm sure it's
something similar with SSL.  You can list the supported ciphersuites
from an SSLSocketFactory.

I'm not positive how this would plug into HttpClient -- but you
somehow would have to tell the SSLSocket which ciphersuite to enable.
On the server side you'd also have to enable the same ciphersuite by
telling the SSLServerSocket to use it.

Sam