hc-httpclient-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Raymond Kroeker" <raym...@thinkparity.com>
Subject Re: Multipart post error
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:25:55 GMT
Hi James;
  Your best bet is to use a browser tool like TamperData for FireFox.  Then
you can automatically filter out other network noise and concentrate on the
info that you want to look at.
http://tamperdata.mozdev.org/index.html

  Not sure of any apps that do posts.

Raymond

On 7/4/07, James Norman <james.norman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I was afraid that was the answer I would get.  I haven't done any
> packet analysis for a while, what tool would you recommend for
> Windows?
>
> Also, are there any applications such as wget that would support
> multipart posts?
>
> -james
>
> On 7/4/07, Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 22:32 -0600, James Norman wrote:
> > > Hey All,
> > > I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help with this but I figured
> > > I'd try.  I'm trying to post multipart/form-data through httpclient
> > > and I'm receiving the following exception on the server:
> > >
> > > java.io.IOException: Malformed line after content type:
> > > Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
> > >
> > > I get this in the stacktrace that is provided from the response on the
> > > server.  I don't have access to code that runs on the server and it
> > > just happened to be running java and printed the stack trace.  It also
> > > appears to be running some proprietary multipart server code, this was
> > > in the stack:
> > > at com.mstr.sound.MultipartRequest.readNextPart(MultipartRequest.java
> :231)
> > >
> > > I have been successful uploading files with HttpClient and Tomcat
> > > locally, but not on this remote server.
> > >
> > > I found this thread from someone who had the same exception:
> > >
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-httpclient-user/200512.mbox/%3C43A1F4C6.5050401@carosys.com%3E
> > > Which had a recommended solution to
> > > Partbase.setTransferEncoding( null );
> > > However this did not fix the issue and the server started returning
> NPEs.
> > >
> > > My question is this, the file upload works fine through Firefox and IE
> > > but does not work through HttpClient, does anyone have any suggestions
> > > I can try.  I'm also open to any workaround, even shelling to another
> > > program to get this working.
> > >
> > > Thanks for any help you can provide.
> > >
> >
> > James,
> >
> > Here's what you may want to try:
> >
> > (1) capture packets generated by IE or Firefox using a traffic analyzer
> > or a proxy
> > (2) capture packets generated by HttpClient
> > (3) compare the composition of the multipart requests
> > (4) try to eliminate differences in the generated requests by tweaking
> > HttpClient's configuration / subclassing MultipartRequestEntity.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Oleg
> >
> > > -james
> > >
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > To unsubscribe, e-mail: httpclient-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > > For additional commands, e-mail:
> httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: httpclient-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: httpclient-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: httpclient-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>


-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raymond Kroeker
thinkParity Solutions Inc.

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message