From "Julius Davies" <juliusdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL issues
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:45:42 GMT
Hi,

To transform the client certificate into a java "keystore" file, you
can try downloading "not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.8.jar" and running a
special command-line java program:

#1.  Download from here:
http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/download.html

#2.  Run command-line java utility as documented here:
http://juliusdavies.ca/commons-ssl/utilities.html

java -cp not-yet-commons-ssl-0.3.8.jar org.apache.commons.ssl.KeyStoreBuilder

Once you've done that, AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory is the ticket.
Personally I have a tradition where I keep at most a single private
key per keystore file.  I never install 2 or more private keys in a
single keystore file.

Good luck!

yours,

Julius

ps.  Or you can leave the certificate alone as ".pkcs12", ".p12", or
".pfx".  If your browser exports it with a name ending like that, it's
probably fine.  Just remember to tell Java that the "type" is "PKCS12"
instead of "JKS", and java will treat it like a keystore file.

--
yours,

Julius Davies
604-251-3219