From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: Serialize HttpState
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 23:40:54 GMT
Hi Lars,

> Now, as far as the new architecture is concerned, is that using
> something completely different? I suppose so looking at the different
> project names alone (separate auth package).

Yes, it is completely different. The HttpState class will make
it into client alpha1 (though in a different package), but I'm
already sharpening my axe to split it in two.

> How can we make sure we get
> this working there too as soon as possible, since sooner or later we
> will migrate to it as well.

I'm not sure what your interpretation of "sooner or later" is.
We don't even have client alpha1 out of the door. HttpCore is
currently at alpha5 with releases about every 3 to 4 months.
You can expect the new client API to stabilize some time in 2008.
Of course you can help us by being an early adopter and providing
feedback on how the API can be improved. But if you have code
that is supposed to go productive in 2007 or early 2008, then
HttpClient 3.1 is still the preferred choice.

> Should I investigate into it and suggest (another JIRA issue I suppose)
> or is there someone working on this and just needs to be informed so
> that he/she can include it? Just asking.

No need for JIRA issues on this level of detail at this time.
We are informed, thanks :-)

cheers,
  Roland