From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to simulate slow connection?
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:49:14 GMT
I implemented this for JMeter.

See the Slow*.java files in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/branches/rel-2-2/src/core/org/apache/jmeter/util/

and also in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/branches/rel-2-2/src/protocol/http/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/http/util/

The socket factory is registered as follows:

Protocol.registerProtocol("http",
     new Protocol("http",
        new SlowHttpClientSocketFactory(cps),
        80));

The HTTPS version is rather more complicated to set up in JMeter
because we use custom SSL authentication which supports both
httpclient and java protocol stacks, but it comes to the same thing.

S.