From <evere...@ccs.neu.edu>
Subject Opening streaming URL
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:11:14 GMT
Hopefully someone can shed some light on my problem. I haven't done much
work with HttpClient yet and am having trouble finding a solution to my
problem.

   I'm trying to open URL's for streaming audio through HttpClient. What I
want to do is open the connection and then pass the InputStream to the
audio player. Using the basic url.openStream() works fine. I'm trying to
avoid opening a stream in this manner since our application is handling the
maximum number of open streams at one time. When I try and do something
similar through HttpClient the connection is made and it then attempts the
buffer the entire stream. As a result the head.getResponseBodyAsStream() is
never called and the application locks up buffering the streaming audio.

   Can anyone shed some light on what's going wrong here?

   Thanks