From "Naresh Koutam" <naresh.kou...@aptuit.com>
Subject RE: windows authentication problem
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 08:28:55 GMT

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the responses.

Yes I am authenticating with NTLM against the server, and successfully
get back a redirect (when I do getResponseBodyAsString on the getMethod
the index page content is displayed). As you said how should I use
HttpState for redirection any idea on the same?

For your reference I am attaching the source so that you can correct me
if something is wrong with this code?

Thanks,
Naresh Kumar

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 12:23 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: windows authentication problem

Hello Naresh,

I don't have code snippets. Sorry if I got you wrong regarding
authentication. So you authenticate with NTLM against the
server, and you successfully get back a redirect? Make sure
to use the same HttpState when following that redirect with
HttpClient, then the request to the index page should be
just as authentic as then one that brought you the redirect.

NTLM is a connection-based authentication scheme, not
a session-based one. Each request must be authenticated,
you can not just authenticate once and then send further
requests without authentication.

hope that helps,
  Roland

****************IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ*******************
This electronic message, including its attachments, is COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included
in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies
thereof. If this electronic message contains a zipped attachment and you do
not have a decompression tool, you may download unZIP (free of cost) from:
http://www.mk-net-work.com/us/uz/unzip.htm. Alternatively, you may request
that the attachment be resent in an uncompressed format.        Thank you.