From "Naresh Koutam" <naresh.kou...@aptuit.com>
Subject RE: windows authentication problem
Date Fri, 04 May 2007 06:32:56 GMT

Hi Roland,

1. If you authenticate against the proxy with HttpClient.

 I am not authenticating with proxy. We have proxy and I am using the
following code
     HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
     client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy("xxx.xxx.x.xx", 8080);

2. Then you should also use HttpClient to read index.asp Make sure to
use the same HttpState, then the credentials from the first
authentication will be available for later requests, too.

Please help I am not sure how to get the above working. It would great
if you could share code snippet.

Thanks,
Naresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 11:56 AM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: windows authentication problem

Hello Naresh,

> Oops, Ok let me put it this way. We used HttpClient to authenticate
with
> ASP application (enabled Https) behind NTLM. We want to display the
> index.asp after successful authentication with the IIS 5 NTLM. When we
> try to redirect to index.asp after authentication, username/password
> popup is prompted. Our problem can we do this HttpClient.

HttpClient never pops up a user dialog. If you authenticate
against the proxy with HttpClient, then you should also use
HttpClient to read index.asp. Make sure to use the same
HttpState, then the credentials from the first authentication
will be available for later requests, too.

hope that helps,
  Roland

****************IMPORTANT--PLEASE READ*******************
This electronic message, including its attachments, is COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this message or any of the information included
in it is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
message in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
permanently delete this message and its attachments, along with any copies
thereof. If this electronic message contains a zipped attachment and you do
not have a decompression tool, you may download unZIP (free of cost) from:
http://www.mk-net-work.com/us/uz/unzip.htm. Alternatively, you may request
that the attachment be resent in an uncompressed format.        Thank you.