From "Jens Goerke" <Jens.Goe...@mobilcom.de>
Subject Re: [HttpClient.java] HttpParams
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 15:12:01 GMT
Oleg,

> HttpParams associated with HttpClient are expected to be initialized
by
> the constructor. Hence null assignment in the instance variable
> declaration.

The HttpParams are initialized, given to the HttpConnectionManager, but
then get clobbered within HttpClient.

> As far as I know  CommonsHTTPSender reads the default parameter values
> from a configuration file

Which configuration file would that be? I haven't found any reference to
the 600000 ms timeout anywhere in any source or configuration file.

[code sample]
Yes, that's basically how the HttpParams are set in our code.

> The easiest solution to this problem would be to use the Axis2 config
> file to initialize the HTTP sender

I'm not sure that would help - Axis is using
HttpClient(ConnectionManager),
which re-sets the HttpParams to its own defaults instead of using them
as
they are.

Perhaps I do need to modify HttpClient.java after all.

Thanks anyway,
Jens