From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: windows authentication problem
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 11:56:51 GMT
On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 06:28 -0500, Naresh Koutam wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  We are working on a project which requires us to interact with an ASP
> on IIS 5 behind Https with windows authentication. There is a link to
> this ASP application on click of this the user should auto login with
> the available credentials (username and password are read from
> properties file). But when we used HttpClient we are able to get the
> Index page content as a String in the program.But to our agony when we
> try to access the URL through the Java Program after HttpClient
> authentication, windows authentication popup is thrown. Is there any I
> could navigate to next page after authentication?
>

> We are behind a Proxy, the same program works fine with an ASP
> application which is running on IIS 6 with Https and Windows
> Authentication.=20
>

> ISAPI filter rewriting is the only why or do we have some solution with
> Java and related technologies.

Naresh

I am afraid I do not quite understand what the problem is.

Please see if these resources could be of some help:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/troubleshooting.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/FrequentlyAskedNTLMQuestions

Oleg