From RossW <rosshwal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL Site
Date Thu, 03 May 2007 03:16:19 GMT

ok now i am getting this...the change i made which was causing the prev error
was to connect via proxy first.  Funny thing was that i was told without any
doubt that it was not proxied. Anyways now i am getting SSL cert related
errors

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source)
	at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(Unknown
Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.writeRecord(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(Unknown Source)
	at chester_japp.Chester_queue.record_proc(Chester_queue.java:129)
	at chester_japp.Chester_queue.run(Chester_queue.java:382)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable
to find valid certification path to requested target
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doBuild(Unknown Source)
	at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)
	at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.validate(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown
Source)
	at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509TrustManagerImpl.checkServerTrusted(Unknown
Source)
	... 20 more
Caused by: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException:
unable to find valid certification path to requested target
	at sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilder.engineBuild(Unknown
Source)
	at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
	... 26 more