From Tatu Saloranta <cowtownco...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Performance issues in ChunkedInputStream
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 03:54:16 GMT
--- Tony Thompson <Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com>
wrote:

> I can understand that but by watching a packet
> trace, that doesn't seem
> to be what is happening.  After I call abort() I can
> still observe
> packets flowing on the wire so someone is still
> requesting data from the

That's not necessarily the case though. Server may
have
buffered data to be sent over HTTP/TCP, and its TCP
flow control that may be pushing data until it
gets the reset. So there may be a bit of data
in-flight, which will get transferred and buffered by
the OS. This shouldn't happen for very long, but
depends on tcp stack.

-+ Tatu +-