From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: SSL error
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 10:27:50 GMT
Hello Eqbal,

> I then tried to connect to the certificate authority
> in Japan that is issuing the certificate for the
> server I am trying to connect to in the first instance
> and I get the same/similar error (PKIX path build
> failed). How do I fix this?
> The japanese certificate authority can be viewed by
> accessing https://www2.jcsinc.co.jp
> I also tried importing the certificate using following
> steps:
> 1. In Internet Explorer I view the certificate and
> save it local disk.
> 2. I then use keytool -import to import the
> certificate.

You may have to import more than one certificate.
There can be a whole path of certificates which have
been used to sign another certificate, from the CA
root certificate down to the one used by the website.
Locate the immediate parent of the certificate used
by the website.
Make sure you update the certificate store that is
used by the client. There may be more than one JDK
on your machine.

hope that helps,
  Roland