From Roland Weber <ossf...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: HtmlFixture+HtmlUnit+HttpClient does not save/send cookies
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:45:18 GMT
Hello Torkel,

Torkel Lindahl wrote:
> I'm using HttpClient 3.0-rc1 with HttpUnit 1.5 and HtmlFixture on FitNesse.
>
> When my test submits a login form, the server sends back a SET-COOKIE
> JSESSIONID=... and then expects to have this cookie sent back with every new
> http request. However this does not happen, no cookie is sent with the next
> request.
>
> What has happened,

Well, we can't tell. It's your test environment, you have to provide
the details. If it has to do with HttpClient, a wire log of the headers
will tell us more:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

There are plenty of things that can go wrong with cookies:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/cookies.html

We have an extra guide for form submissions, but since you've narrowed
the problem down to the cookie, it probably won't help you right now:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners

> and is there any simple way of solving the problem
> without digging into the internals of HtmlUnit or HttpClient?

That depends on what the problem is, and whether you have direct access
to the HttpClient configuration. If it's something that can be configured,
and you have access to the configuration, we should be able to help you.

cheers,
  Roland