From Jeff Davis <je...@mavnet.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient and AOL
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 03:28:49 GMT
Ah yes, hotmail is a pain.

There is a couple of redirects involved with the login process.  And
some special vars you have to trace through their javascript to figure
out what to set.  I'll post some code below to get around that.

They have one redirect that does a javascript Document.location....
change similar to AOL.   You also have to find and repost all hidden
vars .   If I recall correctly there is one redirect which has a form
and hidden vars on it that the javascript calls a post on the page load,
so you have to make sure to get those and do the post.  Although it's
possible this has since changed.

Here is the code.
They set a hidden var called pwdPad to the following:
"IfYouAreReadingThisYouHaveTooMuchFreeTime"   Then trim off an equal
number of characters from the end of it equal to the number of
characters in the password for the account.
if password is a string containing the password you are logging in with,
this code will set the pwdPad for you:

String sPad = "IfYouAreReadingThisYouHaveTooMuchFreeTime";
int lPad = sPad.length() - password.length();
if (lPad < 0) {
    lPad = 0;
}
String pwdPad = sPad.substring(0, lPad);

That should get you started.

Jeff