From Tatu Saloranta <cowtownco...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HttpCore to mock remote servers in unit tests?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 23:19:54 GMT
--- Stefan H�bner <sthuebner@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2007/4/6, Ole Matzura <ole@eviware.com>:
,...
> Yes, I was considering Jetty, but gave Simple a shot
> first
> (www.simpleframework.org) and I must say, it's great
> too!
>
> Another colleague of mine mentioned Jetty would be
> an option. See I
> didn't want too blow up a full servlet
> implementation to just do what
> I wanted to, but maybe Jetty is more (or less or
> something else too)
> than a plain Servlet engine.

Yes, it is possible to use Jetty as "raw" HTTP server
instead of going through Servlet interface (routing
and path mapping). It's rather simple thing to do, if
you prefer that. This can be used, for example, when
serving static or mostly static resources (images,
from files or generated). I have used it for such
purpose (exposing published xml product metadata
similar to an ftp server, but doing little bit of
caching and pre-fecthing from backend server) at work,
and it has worked well.

Of course, overhead of Servlet API implementation is
rather small, but if you really want to go commando,
it is possible.

-+ Tatu +-