From Kyryll A Mirnenko aka Mirya <mi...@zoc.com.ua>
Subject Re: HttpClient and AOL
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 13:02:30 GMT
On Wednesday 04 April 2007 15:50, frank@myfriendsuggests.com wrote:
> I would REALLY appreciate if you could look at the specifics.  I can see
> the Cookies going back and forth just fine but something isn't working.
> What I captured was 4 http requests going back and forth doing some type of
> handshaking, however on the 4th one I get back a page saying "Your browser
> must support cookies and javascript" instead of the page that I see when
> actually using the javascript and I can't see why.
AOL uses extensive javascript, so you need to parse some pages to extract
actual links and follow them. E.g. something like that:

<script>location="http://fuzzy.computed.by/aol/location"</script>

, simple following redirects with HttpClient won't do it for you. Another
problem is cookies support, try switching on the browser compartibility mode
and additionally setting this:

client.getParams().setParameter("http.protocol.single-cookie-header", true);

to put all the cookies in a single header.
--
Regards, Mirya
ICQ #313898202