From "Morgan, Brett A" <Brett.A.Mor...@team.telstra.com>
Subject HttpClient and MS Active Directory
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:26:20 GMT
Hullo.

I am a new user of HttpClient.

I have a URL for a server on an intranet that is resolved using
Microsoft Active Directory.

When I try to use this same URL with HttpClient from a linux box
I get a java.net.UnknownHostException: i.e.

		HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
        	client.getParams().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);
        	UsernamePasswordCredentials defaultcreds = new
UsernamePasswordCredentials(username, password);
        	client.getState().setCredentials(new AuthScope((new
URL(myURL)).getHost(), 80, realm), defaultcreds);
            GetMethod method = new GetMethod(myURL);
            method.setFollowRedirects(true);
            int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method);

throws a java.net.UnknownHostException (myURL is the URL).

Is there a solution to this problem ?

Thanks,
Brett Morgan