From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SSL Site
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:50:22 GMT
On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 04:22 -0700, RossW wrote:

> > Ross,
> >
> > This appears to be some kind of connectivity problem. Is this an
> > intranet or internet site? Can you establish a connection to that site
> > using a browser?
> >
> > You do not explicitly set a connect timeout value, so JRE the default
> > one applies. Try explicitly setting the connect timeout value to
> > something like 10 min and see what happens.
> >
> > Oleg

> Hey thanks for the reply.  It is an intranet site but i am able to access it
> ok when using my browser and the proxy server does not affect this site.  I
> think i have tried setting the timeout for both the connection and the
> socket to unlim and it was still failing.  I suspect somehow it is related
> to the SSL but found it odd that i can connect to some SSL sites.  A friend
> of mine wrote a similar program that uses HTTPCLIENT (the one written by a
> chinese group cant recall there name) and the code is similar and it works
> fine.  I want to the apache one because i believe it will have more ongoing
> support.
>
> Thanks.

Please note that for some JREs infinite connect timeout (zero value)
effectively means the _default_ value, which may well be a finite
number.

Are you absolutely sure the browser is hitting the site directly and not
through a proxy?

Anyways, if this is an internal site, internal infrastructure staff are
your best friends. They should be able to tell why connections time out.

Oleg