From "Bertrand Renuart" <bertrand.renu...@modulo1.be>
Subject MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager - how many threads waiting for a connection?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 19:49:50 GMT
Hi,

-> Is there a way to know how many Threads are currently waiting for a free
connection? <-

This information seems to be a good indication of the current pool usage -
and certainly whether it size matches the current load.

We went through the documentation and found no "official" way to get access
to that information. Only the current and maximum size of the pool seems to
be available (where the current size reflects the number of connections and
not necessarily the number of connections currently in use).

We also dig into the code. Unfortunately, we found that this information
could not even be exposed by subclassing the current
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager because most of the needed methods are
private.

Does someone have found some alternatives for that?

Thanks

/bertrand