From "Lalit Sahoo" <lali...@sonata-software.com>
Subject RE: Cookie Expiry Date
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:32:10 GMT
Hi Roland,

I can access the cookies automatically added by server.
Can I modify their expiry date and resend again to server?

Regards,
Lalit

-----Original Message-----
From: Roland Weber [mailto:ROLWEBER@de.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:53 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion
Subject: RE: Cookie Expiry Date

Hi Lalit,

> From the http client cookie guide I found following:
>
> The cookie management API of HttpClient can co-exist with the manual
> cookie handling. One can manually set request Cookie headers or
process
> response Set-Cookie headers in addition or instead of the automatic
> cookie management
>
> From this I understood that I can manage cookies by myself.
>
> Could you please help me in understanding the above point?

This refers to the cookies being stored/collected/managed in HttpState:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/commons/
httpclient/HttpState.html

You can manually add cookies there, or delete those that have
automatically been added from HTTP responses. You can also
access the expiry date in each cookie object to decide whether
you'd like to delete a cookie or not.

Your original question was about managing cookie expiry dates,
not about managing cookies ;-)

hope that helps,
  Roland