From Roland Weber <http-as...@dubioso.net>
Subject Re: QUESTION ABOUT MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:44:13 GMT
Hello Joan,

> The instante of MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager should be unique for all
> httpclient instances?

It depends. You can improve resource usage by having a single
connection manager. Then again, you don't necessarily need
different HttpClient instances in the first place.

> I want to have N different instances of httpclient (for N webservices),
> because every instance has different connection parameters (maxconnections,
> timeouts, …)

If max connections (total, per host) is different, then you need
separate MTHCM. Because that's what a connection manager does.

Almost everything else is handled elsewhere and would not prevent
you from using a single MTHCM.

hope that helps,
  Roland