From Erica Zhang <erica...@cs.ubc.ca>
Subject Why I could not get the response properly?
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 01:40:01 GMT
Hi,
I send a POST request to the server. The response should be in text/xml
format. However, I could not get the response properly. I also tried to
use other methods, such as getResponseAsStream and etc. They all could
not work. I do not know why.

The server is Tomcat + JSP + servlet. I use http client to develop the
client .

The code is like below:

public void SendReceivePOST() {

        System.out.println("SendReceivePOST is called ");

    HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
    System.out.println("this.url is " + this.url);
    PostMethod method_tmp= new PostMethod(this.url);

    .... //this block is to add parameters to POST request ;

    try {
        System.out.println("try block begins");
              // Execute the method.
              int statusCode = client.executeMethod(method_tmp);

              if (statusCode == HttpStatus.SC_OK) {

                  this.response = method_tmp.getResponseBodyAsString() ;
                 System.out.println("this.response is" + this.response) ;
              }
  }

For the server, the servlet just write following string as  response: