From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PROBLEM WITH setMaxTotalConnections
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 11:13:41 GMT
Thanks, I stand corrected.

P.S. I confused instances and threads, but the effect on the
connection manager is much the same...
On 23/03/07, Cordes, Hans-Dieter <hdcordes@emea.att.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> usually there is only one Servlet object instance in a Servlet container, however, I
assume that the code you have showed "lives" in one of the "doGet()/doPost()" etc. Servlet
methods. Keep in mind that the Servlet's code is called in a multithreaded way, so at the
same time there can be several running "doGet()/doPost()" etc methods, and each of them has
its own stack, and on that stack you create different "HttpClient" objects that in turn have
there own "MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager()" object. You limit the maxConnection to 1,
but that does not have any effect in this context.

> What you probably need is a static "HttpClient" object in your Servlet that does your
communication. But keep in mind to "synchronize" access to it! (I have, however, no idea whether
this can really work depending on your needs.)